About the Role
This voluntary opportunity requires commitment once every two weeks
Successful candidates will work remotely. Your responsibilities will include creating accurate written versions of audio and recordings of the podcast, reviewing and editing transcriptions done by speech recognition software, and identifying any inconsistencies. You should have a good typing speed and superb attention to detail. Excellent listening skills are required for this role.
The candidate will possess superb reading and editing skills and the ability to focus for long periods.
• Understanding our specifications and noting any formatting or notation requests before completing the transcription.
• Completing transcriptions on time, reviewing drafts for any spelling, grammar, or formatting errors, as well as other inconsistencies.
• Keeping abreast of transcription software updates
• Communicating with the team when there are issues.
• Formatting the completed transcript and uploading it to our website on Completion
• Strong Reading, Writing and typing Skills.
• A strong understanding of MS Office is essential
• Understanding Otter.ai transcription software is desired but not necessary as training will be given.
• Candidates will have a good typing speed and excellent reading skills.
• A high degree of professionalism and a superb work ethic is essential.
• Detail-oriented and deadline-driven. • The ability to focus for long periods will be beneficial for this role.
• Knowledge of Disability is desirable Depending on experience, this role will require around two days of commitment, once every two weeks. We actively welcome applications from diverse backgrounds. For more information or to apply, please send a CV and covering email telling us about yourself.
Suitable candidates will be invited to interview remotely.
To apply, please send a CV and cover email telling us why you want to be part of the team